Sabina’s LinkedIn Post
I want to share a reflection that came to me strongly after a workshop group I had a couple of weeks ago and was again confirmed last week in a different setting with another group. I think that great value is created when people share their thoughts, feelings and ideas with each-other.
Raise your head/sights (lyft din blick/nosta katseesi). You get so easily stuck in your own bubble, and your own needs. Challenge yourself, and raise your head, look at your colleague, and really truly listen for a moment. Can you see and hear what this specific matter means in his or her perspective? What is the value to him or her if this matter was decided to his/her benefit? How do you feel about the matter after listening? Are you still arguing for your perspective, or are you possibly ready to compromise in this matter? In many cases there are a lot of needs, experiences, feelings as fear or excitement. Also remember to express yourself, bring out the importance of this matter, how it affects your work for example.
So, the next time you are sitting in a meeting, be genuinely curious, ask questions and listen to your colleague. Why is this matter so important to her/him? What is the value? And imagine the feeling of contributing to someone. Isn´t that the best feeling?
- Sabina’s LinkedIn Post 4.4.2020
- ALM Partners tunnisti kehityskohteet KivaQ E:n avulla 4.1.2020
- The following KivaQ facilitator training in Helsinki 16.1.2020 (In Finnish) 17.10.2019
- A recently published master´s thesis study confirms that the KivaQ E survey is a reliable tool for screening discrimination at the workplace 8.10.2019
- The following KivaQ facilitator training in Helsinki 10.1.2019 (In Finnish). 16.10.2018
- Are you planning a work wellbeing project? 20.1.2018
- KivaQ Oy Ab launches new KivaQ E equality questionnaire to promote equality at workplace 10.8.2017
- Medical doctor on openness 7.8.2017
- KivaQ Facilitator course on November 9th in Helsinki 31.7.2017
- KivaQ joins 100 acts for gender equality project to celebrate the centenary of Finland’s independence 17.11.2016
- KivaQ’s new Development Director is Tarja Arkio 2.9.2016
- About importance of leadership 1.6.2015
- To internationalize or not to internationalize, that is the question! 23.11.2014