Sabina’s LinkedIn Post (June 1, 2020)
Do you see the trees or the water?
A sunny day in March, enjoying my daily walk during the isolation with my 3-year-old, we came down to a lake, and I heard him say “look mom, you can´t see anything, there are so many trees in the way”. I realized that second that he actually repeated what I had said a few seconds earlier. It made me think. Why did I focus on the trees? There were obviously a lot of trees, but we could still see some beautiful blue water.
I believe this is rather common. People´s focus is drawn to the trees rather than the water. To the problems rather the solutions. To their own flaws rather than all the great potential. Antonovsky´s salutogenic approach stresses that health is not the same as absence of disease. He speaks about finding an energetic state and peace of mind as a way to handle the demands of life, and these are skills you can learn by practicing reflection. The same goes for wellbeing at work, a high level of wellbeing is not created solely by removing stressors.
Self and team reflection are some of the most important skills in future work-life. How aware are you of your own thinking and working models? To what extent are you limiting yourself with your beliefs and thoughts of what you can and cannot do?
See the original post HERE
- Sabina’s LinkedIn Post (June 1, 2020) 2.6.2020
- KivaQ launches a Covid-19 questionnaire April 22, 2020 22.4.2020
- Sabina’s LinkedIn Post (March 20, 2020) 4.4.2020
- ALM Partners tunnisti kehityskohteet KivaQ E:n avulla 4.1.2020
- The following KivaQ facilitator training in Helsinki 16.1.2020 (In Finnish) 17.10.2019
- A recently published master´s thesis study confirms that the KivaQ E survey is a reliable tool for screening discrimination at the workplace 8.10.2019
- The following KivaQ facilitator training in Helsinki 10.1.2019 (In Finnish). 16.10.2018
- Are you planning a work wellbeing project? 20.1.2018
- KivaQ Oy Ab launches new KivaQ E equality questionnaire to promote equality at workplace 10.8.2017
- Medical doctor on openness 7.8.2017
- KivaQ Facilitator course on November 9th in Helsinki 31.7.2017
- KivaQ joins 100 acts for gender equality project to celebrate the centenary of Finland’s independence 17.11.2016
- KivaQ’s new Development Director is Tarja Arkio 2.9.2016
- About importance of leadership 1.6.2015
- To internationalize or not to internationalize, that is the question! 23.11.2014