The people who feel that they can influence their own job also consider their immediate superior to be good
It is important for the individual worker to have the possibility to influence his/her own job. But the linear correlation between the possibility to influence your job and your opinion on how your immediate superior performs as superior is for many organizations new knowledge.
KivaQ has for two decades used our short KivaQ W questionnaire with only 7 standard questions.
1: Have you enjoyed coming to work in the last weeks?
2: How meaningful do you regard your job?
3: How well do you feel in control of your work?
4: How well do you get on with your fellow-workers?
5: How well does your immediate superior perform as superior?
6: How certain are you that you will keep your job with this employer?
7: How much can you influence factors concerning your job?
We looked at all questionnaires in our reference material 2013-2022 with 29233 answers.
In the picture below you can see a linear correlation. The more influence you have the better you regard your immediate superior.
KivaQ has actively for two decades assisted organizations to increase their work wellbeing and meaningfulness through joint participation using our structured workshop. Implementing the creative and innovative KivaQ workshop results in concrete, custom-made, practical actions for improving wellbeing at work and a strong feeling of possibility to influence your job and work environment. The statistics in the picture clearly indicate that leadership improves when the possibility to influence your job gets better.
The top management´s task is to allocate resources to make it possible for employees and their immediate superior to work together and enhance the perception of possibility to influence your job and improve the leadership.
KivaQ recommends: Leadership can be developed in other than traditional ways. Try methods improving the possibility of the employees to influence factors concerning their job.
- The people who feel that they can influence their own job also consider their immediate superior to be good 24.2.2023
- The leadership in cities and municipalities in Finland are better than in other organizations contrary to what we believe 2.11.2022
- Leadership is too important to be left only to the superiors and managers 4.10.2022
- The meaningfulness of your job improves linearly in direct proportion to your ability to influence factors concerning your job. 19.9.2022
- Improving leadership is always worth it even if you already are at a very good level 8.9.2022
- A new study shows the KivaQ method, had a positive long-term impact. 22.6.2022
- KivaQ Facilitator training in Kasnäs 22.4.2022
- Radical changes of leadership in the Finnish National ice-hockey team 23.2.2022
- Are you a consultant and want to increase your sales? Do as Mirja and use KivaQ W 2.7.2021
- Developing leadership is a matter for the entire work community 21.4.2021
- The Finnish Work Environment Fund 7.4.2021
- We are updating the KivaQ survey program 1.2.2021
- Blog: Co-creating leadership and workplace culture together 19.10.2020
- Sabina’s LinkedIn Post (June 1, 2020) 2.6.2020
- KivaQ launches a Covid-19 questionnaire April 22, 2020 22.4.2020
- Sabina’s LinkedIn Post (March 20, 2020) 4.4.2020
- ALM Partners tunnisti kehityskohteet KivaQ E:n avulla 4.1.2020
- The following KivaQ facilitator training in Helsinki 16.1.2020 (In Finnish) 17.10.2019
- A recently published master´s thesis study confirms that the KivaQ E survey is a reliable tool for screening discrimination at the workplace 8.10.2019
- The following KivaQ facilitator training in Helsinki 10.1.2019 (In Finnish). 16.10.2018
- Are you planning a work wellbeing project? 20.1.2018
- KivaQ Oy Ab launches new KivaQ E equality questionnaire to promote equality at workplace 10.8.2017
- Medical doctor on openness 7.8.2017
- KivaQ Facilitator course on November 9th in Helsinki 31.7.2017
- KivaQ joins 100 acts for gender equality project to celebrate the centenary of Finland’s independence 17.11.2016
- KivaQ’s new Development Director is Tarja Arkio 2.9.2016
- About importance of leadership 1.6.2015
- To internationalize or not to internationalize, that is the question! 23.11.2014