Response rate warranty
KivaQ is the only workplace wellbeing questionnaire with a response rate warranty. If you have followed the instructions below but get a response rate lower than 60, we will refund your money.
1. Add additional questions to the questionnaire only if they create added value i.e. if they might lead to actions for developing the wellbeing at work. One should not add additional questions only because “Now when we are executing this questionnaire we could also ask this as well”
2. If additional questions are added, one should also add a question about something current (e.g. Christmas party etc.) that everyone in the target group might be interested in. Inform that a question like this will be included in the questionnaire e.g. when informing generally about the survey or in the accompanying letter.
DIVIDING THE PERSONNEL INTO GROUPS
3. If the personnel in a large organization is divided into groups, it should be done so that the respondents can be sure that their anonymity is protected. We usually suggest a minimum of 20 persons per group.
DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION
4. Inform the respondents about the survey (e.g. by e-mail, on the intranet, on bulletin boards) in good time before starting the survey.
5. Plan the questionnaire together with representatives of the personnel. These representatives shall encourage their personnel groups to respond.
6. An informative and engaging accompanying letter should be sent to the respondents together with the link to the questionnaire. Please, use our example accompanying letter as a base.
7. A suitable response time is 1-2 weeks. Ask the respondents to respond immediately. Also, mention that responding takes only 2-3 minutes.
8. Send a reminder to the respondents before the response time expires. Mention how many have already responded.
9. Inform the respondents (in the accompanying letter ) when, where and how the results are presented to the personnel.
10. Inform the respondents that action will be taken based on the results.
11. Give the respondents an alternative to answer on a hard copy if this procedure will increase the response rate.
12. All parts of the system support recent (current or previous versions) of Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari. The survey response module also supports older browsers, e.g. Internet Explorer 8 or newer. The mobile survey response part supports recent iPhones, Windows Phones, and Android phones.
13. Make sure that the IT-firewall does not prevent responding to the questionnaire.